Fluffy Cream Cheese Dessert





When I was little, I loved it when my Mom made treats.  We would always stand around the kitchen counter and wait until she was done mixing so we could lick the batter out of the bowl or from the beaters.  Now that I have my own kids, I find them doing the same thing with this yummy treat!  I will tell you... they licked their beaters and spoons clean!  This dessert turned out delicious!!!!

Fluffy Cream Cheese Dessert

Ingredients:

For the Crust:
  • 2 1/2 cups of crushed vanilla wafers
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter


For the Layers:
  • 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 8 ounces of cream cheese, softened
  • 8 ounces of Cool Whip
  • 1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained well


Directions:

Melt butter in the microwave and allow to cool.

Combine the cookie crumbs and butter and toss together until incorporated. Press 2 cups of the crumb mixture firmly into an 9×9 square pan.

Beat the cream cheese and butter together until very creamy. Turn the mixer down to low and add the powdered sugar one cup at a time until it is all mixed together.

Next add the can of pineapple and cool whip and stir in with a rubber spatula.

Spread the pineapple mixture over the crust.

Sprinkle the remaining cookie crumb mixture on top. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.